Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Circumcision: Cut It Out!

I am lucky.

Certain factors, including an admonishing doula, led me to forgo having my son circumcised before I had a chance to see what actually happens.

Thank God.

Have you ever watched an infant circumcision? Have you ever heard the screams? Here; I'll tell you what happens.

A baby is strapped to a board, then his penis is put in a clamp, and the tip sliced off with a scalpel. Meanwhile, the baby screams in agony or goes into shock.

Mind you, babies cannot have anesthesia before 3 months old, and most babies get cut cold turkey.


This, in 21st century America.

I'm dedicating this blog to getting the word out about the reality of infant circumcision. If you have any links or stories, please send them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Post your comments below.